In response to:
Time — May 10, 2011
- 85 percent of recent college graduates are moving back in with their parents.
- The unemployment rate for young Americans (18–24) is the highest in sixty years.
- Only 1 in 4 college grads has the writing and critical-thinking skills to thrive on the job.
- The average debt load for new graduates is $24,000—the highest in history.
- 75 percent of Americans 18–24 say the state of the economy is “poor.”
Congratulations, new graduates. Welcome to the real world that higher education (which has never been more expensive) is doing such a poor job of preparing students for.
The views and opinions expressed in Behind the Headlines content do not necessarily represent those of the Intercollegiate Studies Institute.